How B.Sc. Optometry Can Be Lucrative Career Option After 10+2?
Eyes are one of the most precious sense organs of the human being. Therefore, its care is mandatory. To keep the visibility of eyes agile and healthy, people often adopt different tips. But in the era of trailblazing technology, when people are addicted to electronic gadgets like smartphones, laptops, and PC for entertainment; and computers are used in almost every department of office, then in such scenario professional care of eyes is also equally important. And that’s where an optometrist comes into the picture. Optometrists are health professionals who have expertise in eye care, they deal with eye testing and providing solutions to patients who suffer from partial sight, hereditary vision defects, squint, weakening of eye muscles, etc.
Apart from that, an optometrist provides low vision care and vision therapy, prescribes and fits lenses to enhance the visibility of eyes, and also detects and treats various diseases related to the eyes. Students who are interested and want to make a successful career in this field, then after 10+2 they can consider B.Sc. Optometry admission. B.Sc. Optometry course is an undergraduate programme of four years (Three Years + One Year Internship) covers the study of vision screening (eye testing), diagnosis of visual problems, orthoptics, and vision training, optometric counseling of patients with partial sight, color blindness, and hereditary vision defects, and designing and fitting of spectacles, contact lens, and low vision aids.
The career in optometry is highly rewarding, offers tremendous career growth, stability in employment, and respect in society. According to the statistics, every third person in India is suffering from eye-related issues. In this scenario, optometry is the right career option. The value of an optometrist is not less than any doctor, he/she alleviate human suffering that provides a great deal of career satisfaction.
The Eligibility Criteria for B.Sc. Optometry:
Person who has completed 10+2 in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/ Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics with 50% marks from any recognized board/institute, he/she is eligible for B.Sc. Optometry admission.
The Career Scope of B.sc. Optometry:
There is no dearth of opportunities after completing B.sc. Optometry, an optometrist has various career opportunities.
- An optometrist can find employment opportunities in an eye clinic, optical shop, lens manufacturing unit, etc.
- Upon completion of B.sc. Optometry and gaining significant experience, a person can start his/her venture.
- There is a great demand for B.sc Optometry degree holders in private and government hospitals.
- After completing B.sc Optometry, a person can find employment opportunities in MNCs dealing in eye care products as professional services executives or also can go for a teaching career.
- There is also option of higher studies, after completing the graduation degree, person can go for postgraduation degree in Optometry.
- Career path you can choose after B.sc. Optometry is Paediatric Optometrist, Public Health optometrist, Clinical Optometrist, Industrial Optometrist, Academician/Teacher, Researcher, Private Practitioner, etc.
Why Choose Mangalayatan University forB.sc. Optometry?
- Mangalayatan University is one of the best private colleges in north India for B.sc. Optometry admission. B.sc. Optometry curriculum is designed meticulously by industry experts, subject matter experts, and academic scholars that prepare students to treat ocular diseases and precise recommendations of spectacles and contact lenses.
- To uplift the skill and knowledge of students, the University organizes guest lectures of renowned eye specialists, workshops, national and international conferences on ocular diseases.
- The University offers internship opportunities in renowned hospitals like Fortis Healthcare, Medanta, Columbia Asia, etc.
- The fee of the entire B.sc. Optometry programme is affordable. Apart from that University also offers scholarships to economically weak and meritorious students.
Why Mangalayatan University is the best college for B.sc. Optometry?
State-of-the-art infrastructure, the interesting and employment-oriented curriculum of B.sc Optometry, and high-qualified teaching faculty make Mangalayatan University the best college for B.sc Optometry.
How to Contact MU-Aligarh for B.sc. Optometry admission.
For B.sc. Optometry admission, students can directly call or WhatsApp at +91-9359-555-555 or Apply Online at https://www.mangalayatan.in/online-application-form/