Ph.D Admission January 2024 - Research Entrance Test
Applications are invited for admission to Full time and Part time Ph.D Programme of various faculties under Mangalayatan University for the session January 2024.
Admission to the Ph.D Programme will be made through the Research Entrance Aptitude Test (TREAT) and interviews as per Ph.D. Regulation of the University which is based on UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D Degrees) (1st Amendment) Regulations, 2018.Eligibility :
A candidate seeking admission to the Ph.D. Programme of MU should be completed:
- A 1-year/2-semester Master's Degree Programme after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme or a 2-year/4-semester master’s degree programme after a 3-year bachelor’s degree programme or qualifications declared equivalent to the master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of the educational institution.
- A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/DifferentlyAbled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time
- Provided that a candidate seeking admission after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme should have a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade on a point scale wherever the grading system is followed. A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
- Candidates who have completed the M. Phil. programme with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. programme. A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/DifferentlyAbled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
- A scholar who is already registered as a Ph. D. scholar at another university or whose supervisor joins Mangalayatan University may be transferred. The scholar will get a 'No Objection Certificate' from his or her previous university and will have his or her registration at the previous university revoked once enrolled in this university. The University Research Committee will examine the candidate's transfer of course work credits, time spent at a previous university, and progress on work achieved when determining the beginning point for research activity at Mangalayatan University
- Recipients of the National Doctoral Fellowship or any other fellowship from a government/semi-government organisation (via an All-India selection procedure conducted by the agency/organization for awarding research fellowships), such as the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), University Grants Commission (UGC), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Department of Science and Technology, will also be admitted to the Ph.D. programme.
- Foreign students [who have secured and are holding a research visa] would be needed to provide permission from the Government of India/relevant authorities in order to be considered eligible.
- All candidates, excluding those who have passed the UGC/CSIR/GATE or comparable test, will take the University's Ph.D. Entrance test. Registration will be confirmed only for those applicants who pass the exam and have either completed an M. Phil. or have passed the UGC/CSIR/GATE examination.
- The number of Ph.D. registrations in the University at any given moment will not be more than eight times the number of registered guides in the University. The maximum number of Ph.D. candidates allowed to register each year will be determined and communicated by the University in June/December of each year. If there are fewer vacancies than there are qualified individuals, selection will be decided based on merit in the entrance exam and URC recommendations
- Online Mode : Online Application form
- Offline Mode : Application Form can be downloaded from Offline Application form
Mode of Payment: DD in Favour of "Finance Officer Mangalayatan University" payable at Aligarh/ NEFT/ Cash Deposit
Last Date of Submission of Application: 6th December 2023 Date of Entrance Test: 10th December 2023 Exam Mode: Mangalayatan University will take PhD Admission Test through online mode with webcam enabled online examination evaluation technique.
- Jain Philosophy
- Political Science
- Physical Education
- Tourism & Hotel Management
- Library & Information Science
- Journalism & Mass Communication
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Fine Arts (Visual & Performing Arts/Painting)
- Life Science
- Rs. 5000/- for Registration,
- Rs. 90,000/- for Program Fee (Per Year) **Except (Nursing, Pharmacy, Microbiology, Life Science, Biotechnology)
- Rs. 10,000/- for Course Work & Synopsis,
- RS. 10,000/- for Thesis Submission and Viva Charge.
- Rs. 150,000/- (Per Year) for Ph.D. Nursing
- Rs. 120,000/- (Per Year) for Ph.D. (Pharmacy, Microbiology, Life Science, Biotechnology)
* 10% Relaxation for Women/ Differently Abled/ Spouse,Children of Indian Army Service MenCampus Address:
Extended NCR 33rd Milestone, Aligarh-Mathura Highway, Beswan, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh 202145
Helpdesk No.: +91-78279-73875
Mail at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Established in 2006, and recognized under the section 2(f) of the UGC Act of 1956, Mangalayatan University, Aligarh has been a highly popular and renowned university in Northern India for ace-quality and innovative research programs (Ph.D programs), conducted in a wide-range of technical and non-technical streams/subjects. Hundreds of students and professionals (belonging to places all across India and many countries abroad) take admissions to the doctoral research programs of Mangalayatan University (MU) every year. To help aspiring students and professionals with relevant information, answered hereunder are the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) by the desirous candidates.
Q.1 - What is the procedure for Ph.D. Admission to Mangalayatan University?
ANSWER: - The Ph.D programs of prestigious Mangalayatan University (MU) are conducted and guided strictly as per the provisions and regulations dictated by the UGC (Minimum Standards andProcedure for Award of Ph.D Degrees) (1st Amendment) Regulations, 2018 and subsequent amendments. The entire procedure for admission to the research programs encompasses a Research Entrance Test (RET) and then an Interview/Viva Voce. The performance of a candidate in the RET is given 70% weightage, and the remaining 30% weightage is given to his/her performance at the Interview.
Q.2 - What are the modes of pursuing Ph.D. programs at MU?
ANSWER: - Both the full-time and part-time modes are available at MU for pursuing its Ph.D. programs in the desired subjects/fields. These highly-qualitative and prolific research programs are available in a rather broad range of fields/subjects. At MU, the minimum time-duration of the Ph.D programs is 3 Years, respectively, in general.
Q.3 - What is the reputation of doctoral programs conducted by MU in past years?
ANSWER: - Conducting doctoral research programs since 2007, and a vibrant member of AIU. MU has been nationwide and internationally famous for its highly constructive and cutting-edge research programs in various fields. Numerous of its passed-out scholars are workingwith goodorganization, and booming MNCs. Many magazines and journals of Indian and International importance have published the enlightening research papers of its faculties and scholars.
Q.4 - Are the Ph.D. Degree granted by MU valid abroad?
ANSWER: - Yes, of course. As MU is properly recognized under the section 2(f) of the UGC Act of 1956, and is a prestigious member of the AIU (the Association of Indian Universities). Its Ph.D. degree granted in various fields/subjects are duly valid across India and the world.
Q.5 - Which are the main eligibility criteria for participating in the MU Research Entrance Test (MURET)?
ANSWER: - The following are the main eligibility conditions for participating in the MURET: -
- A rigorous Master's Degree in the proposed subject/field obtained from any recognized university/institution located in India or abroad, with a minimum 55% marks in aggregate or an equivalent grade. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Differently-abled categories are given a 5% relaxation in respect of this eligibility criterion.
- Candidates with an M.Phil. degree in the proposed field/subject, or have qualified the UGC (JRF) Examinations/ NET/ SET/ SLET, etc., will be allowed to appear directly for the interview, without appearing in the MURET.
- Impressive academicrecords, and any prior experience in research works, will be given additional advantages.
Q.6 - What relaxations are granted to the reserved categories for Ph.D. Admission to MU?
ANSWER: - Candidates belonging to the categories of SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy layer)/Differently-Abled, and so on, are given all relaxations prescribed by the Govt. of India and the UGC. These relaxations are provided in form of 5% reduced marks for them at postgraduation, and also in the minimum qualifying marks at MURET. Thus, candidates belonging to these categories only need to score a minimum of 45% marks at MURET, to qualify for the final interview.
Q.7 - How will be the pattern of MURET?
ANSWER: - The syllabus or pattern of MURET consists of subject-specific matters, and research methodology and aptitude (covering logical reasoning, numerical ability, analytical reasoning, statistics, etc.).Thus, MURET will contain a total of 70 multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
Q.8 - Are M.Phil. holders/UGC- NET (including JRF)/ UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/ SLET/ GATE exempted from appearing at MURET?
ANSWER: - Yes. The holders of M.Phil. degree in their respective fields/subjects are made exempt from appearing in MURET. The same is the situation in cases of the aspiring candidates who have qualified exams like UGC-NET (including JRF)/ UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/ SLET/ GATE, etc.
Q.9 - How is the application fee paid?
ANSWER: - The Application Fee Rs. 1500/- (i.e. the fee for getting participated in MURET) can be paid online or offline, like the Application Form.
Payment Modes: DD (in Favor of Finance Officer, Mangalayatan University, payable at Aligarh) / NEFT/ Cash Deposit. It must be noted that, the candidates pertaining to the categories of Women/ Differently-Abled/Spouse or Children of Indian Army Service Men, are given 10% relaxation in the yearly program fee.
Q.10 - Does MU provide Guide/Research Supervisor?
ANSWER: - Yes. MU is well-resourced and well-connected to provide research supervisors and veteran and innovative research guides to the candidates undergoing research studies at MU. Interested candidates may also keep their own guide (acting as co-guides) at their expense.
Q.11 - Do working candidates require to obtain NOC from employers for pursuing research at MU?
ANSWER: - Yes, necessarily. Working Professionals those are interested in research at MU are required to obtain the NOC (No Objection Certificate) from their respective employers, in order to avert any intrusion ever during the entire doctoral course.
Q.12 - Does an M.Phil. holder require to undergo Ph.D. course work?
ANSWER: - Yes. M.Phil. holders are again required to undergo the coursework in Ph.D. at MU. However, their prior knowledge in the field/subject will be very supportive to them for learning and performing efficiently during the Ph.D. program.
Q.13 - Can I pay the yearly program/course fee in installments?
ANSWER: - Yes, you can pay the yearly course fee as many as in two installments, but well within the yearly session. Here, it may again be just noted that the candidates relating to the categories of Women/ Differently-Abled/Spouse or Children of Indian Army Service Men, are given 10% relaxation in the yearly course fee.
Q.14 - Does MU provide any scholarship or stipend to pursuing scholars?
ANSWER: - Yes, of course. MU does offer scholarship as well as stipend to the meritorious and talented candidates who undertake research studies at MU. Scholarships are granted to those candidates who come under top 21 by scoring higher marks in MURET and interview. And, stipends are provided to those scholars who also give lectures to UG or PG students at MU, in addition to doing their Ph.D. coursework. The amount of monthly stipend will be commensurate with candidate's qualification and capabilities and may go up to Rs. 20,000.
Q.15 - What other many facilities are provided to research scholars at MU?
ANSWER: - All necessary and constructive resources, amenities, and facilities are offered by well-established and prestigious MU to the research scholars in various streams/subjects. These facilities include the following - spacious and peaceful study rooms, erudite and well-experienced academicians and research experts, Wi-Fi and diverse IT devices, state-of-the-art laboratories, well-stocked libraries, lavish R&D amenities, separate amenities for lodging and foods for male and female candidates, peaceful and constructive environment within the university campus, and many other comforting and convenient facilities and services.
For Any of Other Queries, Please Call or WhatsApp at:- +91-78279-73875