Why is B.Com Honours Course Better than B.Com?
Both B.Com [Bachelor of Commerce] and B.Com (Honors) are undergraduate degrees in the commerce stream, take the same time-duration of 3 years to be completed, and the syllabus of both these is almost the same. However, in some prestigious universities the study curriculum of the B.Com (Hons) is somewhat enlarged or in-depth and thus, quite rigorous. Again, a major difference in respect of curriculum and teaching of both these courses in commerce is in the approach of learning; with the b.com (hons) course imparting greater professional depth and employable skills.
To guide and help students after 10+2 standard, who are interested in making careers in the commerce discipline, this concise blog offers precious and discerning information about both contents of these courses, difference between these courses, answer to the question “why is b.com honours course better than b.com?”, and admission to b.com (hons) to a hugely popular university in UP and north India.
In general, the following are the main differences between the b.com (hons) and b.com (pass) at Indian universities ---
- The course of B.Com or B.Com (Pass) just offers sufficient information about or an overview of all segments/areas which make up the commerce stream. During this b.com course, specialization is not provided in any of these areas, only an overall information about all the constituent areas. On the other hand, the final year (3rd year) of the B.Com (Hons) course also offers specialized knowledge in the chosen area in detail, to boost professional/employable skills. The specialization area/field of commerce could be accountancy, economics, finance, etc. Hence, for deeper studies in commerce stream, b.com (hons) is undoubtedly better.
- Owing to above-mentioned fact, generally for admission to the b.com (hons) course, mathematics in 10+2 is considered compulsory, along with good knowledge in English.
- Generally, the cut-off for admission to the B.Com (Hons) is higher than that for the admission to B.Com (Pass) in the majority of commerce colleges/prestigious universities.
- As B.Com (Hons) is more business-oriented and in-depth, it is highly suitable for making a lavish career in Chartered Accountancy.
- The industrial markets give greater weightage to B.Com (Hons) holders. Hence, there exist more and better job opportunities in the market for b.com (hons) students, along with better salaries and packages. The b.com (pass) holders are not given much importance by the business industry, unless they possess a PG degree or a professional degree such as CA, MBA, or CS.
B.Com Hons Admission in Mangalayatan University
Considering all above-mentioned facts and factors, prestigious and farsighted Mangalayatan University (MU) of Aligarh conducts only the B.Com (Hons) to help and provide the interested students better career opportunities in the discipline of commerce. Its affluent and employment-oriented bcom honours course is hugely popular, particularly by students residing in the NCR and northern India.
For its bcom hons admission, required are 12th pass qualification with mathematics subject, and at least 50% marks in aggregate. Duration of its B.Com (Hons) course is 3 years, and its overall cost is quite reasonable and easily affordable even by financially poor students. A variety of financial aids are also granted by the university to students falling under many specific categories. The curriculum of this rich and prolific course at undergraduate level has been well-designed by the veteran academicians and industry experts, for offering better productivity and growth. Besides theoretical knowledge, practical and industrial trainings are also offered to the students, along with expert guidance for development of professional skills and career. Here, it may also be just mentioned that MU was set up in 2006 and is duly recognized by UGC. Its 70-acre magnificent campus contains all modern and affluent academic and campus facilities. Through steady and admirable performance in the professional discipline of commerce, MU seeks to emerge out as a very famous and best commerce college in Aligarh, NCR, and the north India in near future.
For Admission at MU:
Direct Call: +91-9358-333-333