What is the Difference Between LLB and LLM?
Both LLB (Bachelor of Laws) and LLM (Master of Laws) are two most popular degrees in the highly significant and evergreen discipline of Law, in India or abroad. These degrees offer a rather wide range of career opportunities in the Government as well as the private sectors. The most prominent among these employment avenues are the following --- district and high courts, companies & corporate houses, law firms, government departments and judicial offices, schools & universities, NGOs, media, banking & finance, insurance, broadcasting, politics, etc.
To provide more information about these two hugely popular law courses/degrees in India, including the major difference between llb and llm, and also about the admissions to these courses in India, the north India in particular, this concise blog has been written responsibly and generously. The following points help in differentiating the two legal courses in India (or abroad) ---
- The LLB (Latin Legum Baccalaureus) is an undergraduate law degree, regarded as being the very first step towards becoming a qualified lawyer or barrister. After achieving LLB, the students are eligible to start practicing in the legal sector, or pursue the higher-level course of LLM. But, to start practicing law officially, the LLB holders are required to undergo a legal training course.
- The duration of the LLB course in India is generally three years, and its curriculum covers all most common and useful areas of law (the seven core modules), which are helpful to a host of careers. Thus, the LL.B. degree is the minimum/basic qualification to practice law. The equivalent degree to this, is the B.L. degree.
- The LL.M. (Latin Legum Magister) is the postgraduate degree in legal sector. This postgraduate course in law, offers knowledge and expertise in certain desired areas/segments such as Civil Law, Criminal Law, Business/Commercial Law, Intellectual Property Law, and so on. Hence, the LLM degree is not compulsory to become a professional lawyer; however, it is certainly very beneficial in the concerned area of the legal sector.
- The LLM may be completed in just one year in India also. Its curriculum covers all topics, issues, and policies linked with any specific segment of law, say, the intellectual property rights (IPR).
- Here, it may also be just noted that the minimum qualification for admission to the LLB course is (10+2) standard or its equivalent. While, for admission to LLM course, the minimum eligibility qualification is LLB/BL or its equivalent.
Why is Mangalayatan University A Best Law College in India for Students?
Duly recognized by UGC, and a proactive member of AIU, Mangalayatan University is a nationwide and internationally famous university located in close vicinity to Aligarh city. This visionary and steadily progressing university was set up in 2006, and has been a highly prestigious university in the northern India. It conducts high-quality and employment-friendly courses in almost all various professional disciplines at varying academic levels that range from diploma and undergraduate to postgraduate and doctoral. Its magnificent and world-class campus is located near Aligarh city, and just 20 Km away from the Yamuna Expressway.
As far as its top-notch and rather professional law courses are concerned, these have been highly praised by Indian and foreign students, legal professionals, and research scholars. These courses are conducted efficiently and expertly by the Institute of Legal Studies & Research (ILSR), which is one of the 17 well-resourced and affluent academic departments of this booming and widely renowned university. At present, the following law course are offered by mangalayatan university ---
- Integrated BA-LLB,
- and the Doctoral Courses of PhD and MPhil.
Currently, the latest information about its llb and ba llb admissions as well as the llm courses admissions may readily be found on its official website.
The ILSR commands the following rich and elusive resources and facilities --- high-tech classrooms, veteran and renowned teaching faculties, well-stocked central library, guidance for personality and professional development, placement cell, and other necessary academic support to the students. The 70-acre campus has all requisite amenities and facilities for creating a highly constructive, wholesome, and memorable college life. All above facts together make Mangalayatan university a widely famous and best law college in india, especially in the north India.
For Admission in Law Courses in Mangalayatan University
Direct Call: +91-9359-555-555